Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A sneak peek. . .

Here's a little something I made for my booth and I'm soo excited about the way it turned out!

It was just a plain ol' brown wooden frame that I bought from Habitat for $1.

I can't remember where I initially saw this idea of using an old frame and turning it into a memo board. I wanna say it was Ballard, maybe?

Anyhow, I broke out the craft paint, hot glue, clothespins and a bit of twine and this is what I got!

003_edited-1
(goodness, my back door needs to painted and cleaned!)

First, I painted it blue but the blue was a bit bolder than I wanted so I took an antique white and glazed over it and that helped to tone down the color a bit and it settled nicely into the grooves.

Then, I just measured my twine and cut 5 pieces and hot glued it to the back of my frame. I also, took a piece of twine and outlined the back where I glued the other pieces. More or less, to just make it look more neat in the back.

Found a couple of old pictures and cards and just used some mini clothespins to hang them with!

I love it and I kinda want to keep it for myself. : )

It was super easy and fun and I can't wait to make more of them!

I'm linking this to The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday Linky Party.

1 comment:

Simply Domestic said...

So cute!! I love the blue!