Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Junk Pumpkins


A few days ago, Jen at Sanctuary Arts was hosting a "pretty your pumpkin" party.




Now let me tell ya, there are some talented folks out there!


But, there was one post in particular that made me think that I just HAD to try it!!


It was Mindy's post at showing her junk pumpkins Primitiques n' poetry.
How neat are they?!?!?!






They actually remind me of some of the robots in the movie "Robots".









Anyhow, I knew Maddie would love this idea so off to the store we went.



I emptied out my junk drawers and found all sorts of inspiration.






Here are the final results and I must say this was WAY more fun than carving!


It just may become a tradition in the Huntley home!




Mine.








Maddie's




Jeff's




Side view of his mohawk. :)





This was a super fun project! Thanks so much Mindy for sharing this!

3 comments:

Christian said...

HA! Those are so fun! This might be just the ticket for my kiddos this year. And are those shotgun shells?

Courtney said...

I love the halloween pumpkins, that is so creative and fits Jeffs personality perfect! lol

Mindy said...

Ha! Congrats! And how sweet are you to mention my blog? Thank you! I love the mohowk. How fun was that? I already have an entire bucket of junk for next years pumpkin party. Maybe I'll do one for that contest. Hmmm...~Mindy