Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm soo excited...

and I just can't hide it...!


(cue the pointer sisters) LOL

Anyhow, the reason for my excitement is that I just sold my first piece that I refinished myself!!

WOO HOO!!


It was just a mirror but still, I'll take it!!

It's so validating when someone actually wants to spend their hard earned money on something I did.

I've sold lots of little things, but no furniture yet so hence, the excitement.

Seriously, you couldn't have wiped the smile off of my face yesterday when I found out! : )

So far, I have had the *best* time with the booth, it's been a blast to shop for it. I try to think outside of the box when I see things and also try to remember that just because it's not *my* taste that someone else might not love it and vice versa.

 Goodwill has become my new bff. LOVE Goodwill! Seriously.

I've found some really, really cool things in there! 

Yesterday when I went to restock it some, Connie (the owner) and I chatted for a bit and she told me this was her 3rd store and that she has been doing this since 1976.

She and her husband do this full time and have the best time doing it.

Umm...hello! I think I may have found my dream job. : )


I seriously enjoy every minute that I get to spend devoted to my 50 sq ft.

Who knows, maybe one day, I can do this gig full time. : )

Here's a more updated pic, a few more odds and ends and I still want to get my own walls up.

Any thrifty suggestions about walls?




 Hope you have a fabulous week!


2 comments:

Paige said...

How exciting!! Congratulations!

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe said...

use a bunch of old doors/shutters as walls! get creative w/the paint on them!