Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A new seat in town...

Check out my latest "revamp" and unfortunately I can't find a before pic anywhere. : (


So, here's a similar chair that I found on craiglist.

I found mine at Goodwill for $10.00 but mine was the same finish and all.



and here's what I did with some antique white paint, mocha glaze and a sanding block!


IMG00165-20100517-1852.jpg



a little close up of some of the distressing...


 

the spindles



and one of the arms.


Nothing like trying to give something a perfect paint job and the sanding it back off!

This one I'm keeping for me, I needed a new computer chair and I just love old banker's chairs!

(and i'm so sorry for the terrible quality of pics, some days it just so much easier to use my phone.)

Now, I'm off to the next project...

Here's a sneak peek at what I'm currently working on...
30173_389794856486_580746486_4623398_6053313_n


(*hint* they are gonna go in my bedroom!)


I'm linking this to The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday linky!

Also, linking this to...

toolsareforwomentoo



and
DIY Day @ ASPTL






Be sure to check out all the other ideas!


9 comments:

Red Door Home said...

I had to stop by and see your chair. Love it! I have a very similiar one which I found by the side of the road - I did the same thing! It is now painted antique white and glased.

Terry said...

I have been looking for a chair just like yours but no luck yet. I love how it looks now with the white paint. I'm so jealous of you! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

What a great chair! I need a new office chair and have had my eye out for something similar, but no luck yet.

Pam said...

I've been on the lookout for one of these too. Your redo is perfect!

Jess said...

Love it. Classic style, brightened up but still looks old. I am looking for a chair like that to replace the kitchen chair at my computer desk. Great job it looks perfect.

Jess said...

Thanks again for the inspiration. I got myself on craigslist right after seeing your post and just got home from picking up a very similar chair!

Stephanie Cameron said...

Looks great!!

Katie said...

That chair looks great! Wish I could find one of those.

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory