Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Maddie's Birthday Surprise. . .

Well, we were able to surprise Maddie for her birthday with a room makeover. We did as much as we could in one weekend and she loves the transformation so far!

Here are a few shots of her room, thus far.


We didn't want to spend a lot of money, so we used a lot of what she already had.
We still need to...

paint bookcases white
Frame some of her artwork above her bed in white frames
Touch up paint
New artwork for walls.
Fix closet door (we broke it when we removed her carpet. oops!)
New ceiling fan
New curtain rods
Rehang paper lanterns
hide cables and cords
and re-accessorize

Phew, I'm tired just thinking about it!

She truly loves it so far and it was so fun surprising her.

I couldn't wait for her to get home and see the progress!

Happy 10th Birthday, Maddie! We love you!




8 comments:

Cathy said...

It looks great so far!

Heidi of Operation Organization said...

Awe, what a sweet mama you are!! You guys worked HARD! I think painting the bookshelves white along with white frames will really help tie everything together! Well done!

Howland Home said...

How fun, I would have loved to have a room like that! Your such a fun mama!

Heather said...

love, love, love maddie's room!!!

Courtney said...

i remember very much the year I came home from school and my mom had redone my room for my birthday, it really was something i still cherish to this day! it looks great and i bet she loves it!!

Sherri said...

Awwwwwww that is such a SWEET birthday surprise! A room makeover! Love the bright colors.

stefanie said...

love it, so sparkly!!!

MotherhoodFilm said...

I really enjoyed looking around your blog! What great ideas!!
*Eliza’s blog*