Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

$5 and 5 minute project!

Hello ladies from The Shabby Nest, I just did this a couple of weeks ago so I am decided to use this a my frugal decorating contribution. It's not much but it was easy and fun. Can't wait to see what all you have done. :)



So, here is my contribution to the $5 project!





It's just a candle, a glass vase, some rocks and a pretty ribbon. ALL except the ribbon were purchased the Dollar tree! The ribbon is just some I had on hand.


I just found a glass vase and filled the bottom with some of the rocks, placed the candle on top and then tied my ribbon around it and VOILA!

Easy peasy and I happen to think it turned out pretty cute!

This literally took less than 5 minutes and I figured I could change the ribbon with the different seasons and holidays as well.

I am all about easy, frugal and fab ideas!

15 comments:

Kimm at Reinvented said...

That's great, I love it! You're right, that would make a fabulous teacher gift.

Gone Overboard said...

classic, simple, elegant, just my type!

Small House said...

And very cute. I really like it. I'm going to do the same thing. Thanks for the tip.
Sandra

Holly said...

I like that a lot! In fact, I may take the moss and flowers out of mine (same vase and rocks) and put in a candle.

Infarrantly Creative said...

It did turn out cute. Thanks for visiting my blog too, and yes...spray paint is a fabulous invention.

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

That is really cute!

queenbee said...

Hey!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I am glad that you liked my DIY Pier 1 wreath. Let me know if you give it a try, I'd love to see your version. I read through some of you blog post and really enjoyed. Where did you score a good deal on a Dyson???

Leigh of said...

So sweet, Just that little touch. It really IS the little touches that make a house a home.
Thanks for dropping by my blog. It was my roadmap to your place! I love it. Thanks! I love new friends! Come back soon.
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Living with Lindsay said...

Perfect and adorable! Great job!

Becca said...

Adorable Steph. You are so creative!

Amy Eileen said...

I love the idea of easily being able to change it to suit the various seasons! :) Very cute!

Crissie said...

Beautiful, simple and easily accomplished! Thank you for sharing!!! It would make a terrific gift...

xoxoxox

Bahama Shores Mama said...

the ribbon totally pulls it together with your other items. I love that you are already thinking ahead to change the ribbon depending on the season!

Kara said...

That is a great idea. The ribbon really adds a lot, I love it!

Polka Dot Possibilities said...

Ribbons make everything better! Cute idea!!!