Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

D is for...

DREAMS. A few months ago, a friend sent me this video called the "Last Lecture:Achieving your Childhood Dreams" and it really made an impact with me. I was in tears after hearing his lecture. I was like "WOW!What an AMAZING man!" It also really made me think as to how I would react if I was or am ever in such a situation.

I would check his website from time to time to see how he was doing. Well, today I found out that he has passed on.

I can't believe the heaviness in my heart that I feel for someone that I have never met. His family is in my thoughts and prayers and I wanted to post a few clips of his "Last Lecture:Achieving your Childhood Dreams" for anyone that hasn't had the chance to hear it. I hope you it touches you as it did me.

This is the short version that was on Oprah. It's only about 10 minutes long.



If you want to hear the actual "Last Lecture: Achieving your Childhood Dreams", here it is. It is a little over an hour.







So, thank you Randy Pausch for your words and sharing them with me.


I hope your legacy lives on for a long, long time.

No comments: