Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

J is for...

Jeff! He is the love of my life, the biggest pain in my butt and my very best friend.



He knows I blog and honestly I don't think he has ever read it. If you knew him, you would know he is not the most computer literate guy there is.



Anyhow, I told him today I was gonna blog about him and he wanted me to make sure I let anyone that may read this know what a TOUGH guy he is.


HE IS A TOUGH GUY!


Ok, I did and now here's the truth. ;)



When I met Jeff, it was just a fluke thing. I won't go into the story now, but it was meant to be.



I can remember thinking, he is soo not my type! I was into the yuppy, preppy clean cut guys. That's what I had always liked and had always dated.



Well, he was and is NOT that at all. He is rugged, he gets dirty, he is scruffy and he is a good ol' southern boy and I LOVE all that about him.



Here are just a few reasons I love him...



Where I am a worry wart by nature, he is not.



He stands up for what he believes in, even when it's hard and sometimes to my dismay.

He is as loyal as they come, whether it be to me, Maddie, his friends or co-workers. He is always there.



He is the life of the party.



He loves to go for Sunday morning rides and always brings me back a Sunday paper and a drink.



He refuses to listen to a sad song or watch a sad movie b/c he can't stand to watch or hear about someone getting hurt.


He always tells me "I love you" first, even when he is around his coworkers.



He is generous to a fault.



He adores Maddie.



I *think* he likes me too.



He is quick witted and always has the best come backs.



He makes me feel secure.



He works hard to provide for our family.



He does the dishes!!!



He makes me laugh, even when I don't want to.



He loves the movies "Sweet Home Alabama" and "The Notebook". He even watches most "chick flicks" with me. (Just as long they aren't sad. )



He loves my parents.



He loves his family too.


He sings ALL the time AND he sings well. Which is a plus. :)



He would give Maddie and I the moon, if he was able.



He loves me despite my many faults and accepts me for who I am and always supports me in whatever endeavor.



He is my soft place to fall.





He is far from perfect, but he is PERFECT for me.





And YES, I DO try to remember these things when I am picking up his dirty socks.



This is a pic of a pic, so the quality stinks but it is one of my FAVE pics ever.

It was love at first sight.






1 comment:

Tattered Tulips said...

Stephanie that was one of the sweetest things I have ever read. I am glad you have him. :)