Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

R is for...

Redecorating!!



As in, redecorating Maddie's room. This has been a long, slow process but it is coming together.





Since she is getting older, she wanted to revamp her room a bit and get rid of the flowers and fairies that currently are her decor.


She decided she wanted to do something a little funky.


So, we got out the Pottery Barn Teen catalog for inspiration. I told you, I covet these catalogs. :)


Anyhow, Maddie decided she wanted to paint her room blue and make it super colorful and fun.


So, a few weeks ago Target had some bed in a bag sets on sale and I got her this one and we LOVE it. I love the fact that is has a lot of colors to play with.







Maddie has a queen size bed so it's been super hard to find something affordable and that looks young enough for her and it's also been hard to find something she and I BOTH agree on!




So, we found this and it's really nicely made and she loves it so far.



We also found a funky flokati green rug for $20! Which was a FAB deal, b/c the one PB had was $100!

Here is a pic of the rug, hers is actually a bit more of a lime green. But, this gives you an idea.







Jeff calls it the Grinch rug and he's right, it does kinda look like someone skinned the Grinch. LOL



We also found some paper lanterns at Big Lots in assorted colors for $5.00 each.

I got a couple that I am gonna hang at different lengths in her room.



Something similar to this look.










I also think I wanna get some assorted white frames in different shapes and sizes and frame her artwork.

I think that will POP nicely against the color blue on the walls.






I also love the way this looks!










Oh and here is a pic of the blue we are wanting to paint her room. By the way, isn't that bed awesome??? I would love to get that for her, she just loves it! But, ouch on the price tag. It's $1800 and that's a bit steep for me right now. Maybe it will go on sale though! :)






Anyhow, that's where we are at for now. I will take pics when it's all said and done.


I can't wait to see it all together!




4 comments:

pinkebody said...

That room is going to be awesome! I can't wait to see the finished pics.

Such a lucky girl.

Cottage Mommy said...

Looks like it is going to be really cute and fun! Don't you love redecorating a room! Oh, I did that style quiz and I am "comfy country" fits me perfectly! Have a good weekend!

Tiffany said...

WOW...Steph her room is going to look great! Can't wait to see pics!

wendy said...

omgosh...you've found some GREAT things! can't wait to see it. she's going to have a PRE-TEEN DREAM ROOM!