Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I will never forget. . .


September 11th, 2001 for as long as I live.

At the time Jeff and I were both working at night and I woke up about 9am to the sound of my phone ringing off the hook.

It was my mom in tears, t
elling me to turn the news on.

I was dumb founded and I just stood there weeping, i
n total shock.

I remember climbing back into bed with Maddie and Jeff and just holding them tight to me while I watched the news. I wept for days.


I worked in the billing dept and I was able to listen to music while I worked but instead I was glued to the news. It was like I couldn't tear myself away from it.

I just remember feeling so lost that day and for days afterwards.

I was also so relieved that Maddie was so little and was unaware of what was going on because I honestly had no idea as to how I could answer any of her questions because I had so many myself.

I will NEVER forget.

No comments: