Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back from the beach. . .

We headed to the beach this past weekend and crammed as much as we could into 2 days.

It was fun but oh, so tiring!

Unfortunatley, no cameras were taken so I have no pics for this post but wanted to share anyway.

We got up EARLY Saturday am to head out and 2.5 hrs later, we arrived at Jeff's grandmothers house. It's been a while since we had seen her so we were all very excited.

Hung around there for a bit, then Jeffro took Maddie to the beach for a bit.

I stayed behind and helped Jeff's grandmother put together the most bee-you-ti-full flower arrangement for moi!
She is so very talented and should have done this professionally but she just does it for fun. But, boy is she good at it!

She had me pick out some of my fave flowers, (tulips, hydrangeas, peonies and even daffodil) and she just took it from there.

Seriously, it's HUGE and I love it! Now, I just have to find a place to put it.

I know, this will be something I will never get rid of either just because of the sentimental value of it and plus, it took me 12 yrs to get her to make me one! LOL
Just kiddin' but I have been pesterin' her for a while.

Then that evening, we met up with Jeff's aunt and some of her friends and went crabbing at the inlet. Oh wow, that was seriously fun! Maddie, who never meets a stranger, quickly befriended a little girl named Daisy and off they went.
Of all my years of going to the beach, I had never been crabbing and I really enjoyed watching them do it. I soo wish I had my camera so I could have taken pics!

Then we went back to Jeff's aunt and throughly enjoyed her pool!

On Sunday, Maddie called her new found friend and invited her over and of course, more swimming was to be had. They had a blast and seriously were just like 2 little fishes. It was hard to get them out of there!

Finally, much to our dismay, we packed up and headed home. But, not without a final stop to see a bit more of Jeff's family.

It was soo late when we got home Sunday night, but it was well worth it and we get to do it again in 3 weeks and I can't wait!

Hope you had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

Deidra said...

Sounds fantastic! I love the beach!

Christina said...

Such fun at the beach and with family. Glad you had a great time.

I love your chalkboard plate below. Love the square.