Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

To paint or not to paint. . .

Jeff's grandmother gave us this armoire when she sold her home.

I love it because it's the perfect size to hold our tv in the living room.

Don't get me wrong, I like it in it's current state but I am seriously toying with the idea painting it antique white to brighten up our living room a bit.

What do you think?

Leave it as is, or paint it?!

It does have a few places that I need to fix on it, so I do need to do that.

But other than that, it's in great shape.

So, give me your insight, paint it antique white or some other color or leave it?!


Here's a couple of pics to help you, to help me decide. :)







ETA: I know my tassels don't match the armoire but they are too big for my lamps so I haven't found the perfect home for them yet. :)

7 comments:

Infarrantly Creative said...

HMMM that is a toughy. It is a gorgeous piece the way it is for sure. But creme would lighten up the room. Will anyone be offended if you paint it? I would paint it I think.

Heather said...

i agree, tough decision. i love it as it is now. but brightening the room would be good too. is there any way/color to paint over the darker parts and leave the lighter colored designs? hard to see all the different colors in the design. would a shade of green work? not sure what main color your decor is.

stephanie h said...

No, no one would be offended if I painted it.

Heather the rest of my LR is mostly brown. I love green and I am getting ready to paint my craft desk and just painted the bathroom that. But, that is an idea! :)

LC said...

I'm a rebel I say paint it will be refreshing!

Cottage Mommy said...

PAINT IT! I am a little paint obsessed though and paint everything I can get my hands on. I also don't get hung up on the antique value of something. But some people do and I respect that! I just think painting pieces like that makes them feel fresh and a little more modern. White or cream would definitely brighten things up!

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Well, I'm no deco expert, but I definitely say paint it. I'm not sure what colors your home is, I'll have to look around, but this piece would look great in white, cream, pale French grey, and black. All would look awesome and you'd have yourself a brand spankin' "new" armoire Good Luck, I can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Heidi of Operation Organization said...

paint, paint, paint!!!