Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fingers crossed!

Omgosh! I think Jeff and I found our dream home and it's AFFORDABLE!

Last night, we met with a realtor to look at a house and we both love it.

It's older and it has a quirky layout but I can live with that.

What I love so much about it, is the land it sits on. It's a bit in the country and it has a shared pond but it's a HUGE lot with lots of Oak trees on it. Which I love!

I so wish I had taken some pics last night of it. Seriously, it makes me giddy to think about it.

Jeff has always wanted to live on the lake but it's very $$$$ to live on the lake here. We couldn't even afford a lot on the lake let alone a house on the lake.

Even though, this house isn't on the lake it has a lake house feel to it. Does that make sense? LOL

It's about 20 yrs old, it's white wood siding with a red front door (YAY!) and a white tin roof (YAY,Again!). I would definitely paint the house a different color though, just to give it some character. It has a nice size front porch and a HUGE back porch that faces the pond, which would be amazing to sit out on. I could definitely see myself enjoying that!

Like I said, the layout is a little quirky and everything I don't like about it is purely cosmetic and can easily be changed. It does have 4 bedrooms and 2 baths and 2 of those bedrooms and one of the bathrooms is upstairs.


Even though, Maddie is almost 9 I am not sure she would want to be upstairs by herself. I am sure she will love it though when she is older. We are also not sure if it is zoned for Maddie's current school and that's another biggie.

But,other than those things Jeff and I are seriously in love with it and it's one of those houses you could see yourself living in a long, long time.

I am a little worried about the mortgage situation b/c we have not gotten pre approved or anything yet and I keep hearing people say that we may have to put 20% down. Which we do not have, who does?

BUT, (this is another great thing) this house may qualify us for a rural housing loan and they do 100% financing on those!!! Which of course would be absolutely wonderful!



Here is a few pics of the house and they do not do it any justice. But, it gives you a basic idea.
Here's the front of the house.

and here is a pic of the pond. I so wish I had taken my camera to take better pics!



So, my fingers and toes are crossed that this works out! It would be amazing if it did!

3 comments:

Heather said...

oh i love it!!! hoping for you!!!

Angela said...

It is SOOO CUTE!!! crossing fingers and toes here for ya!!!!! :)

LC said...

Nice!!! Praying its THE ONE